Your home is a sign of your hard work and dedication to your family. Why would you trust it to anyone less than the best? Whether you are in need of emergency roof repair in Buckhead or new chimney caps, it’s important to choose a roofing contractor that is trustworthy, reliable, and experienced. While you might have a ton of recommendations from friends, family, and the hardware store, narrowing it down to the perfect company might seem daunting. Finding the right contractor is possible with these 5 tips.
- Check for insurance. The contractor that you choose to work on your roof should be equipped with workers’ compensation and liability insurance. Before they begin working for you, ask to see the certificates, and take the time to call their insurance carrier to ensure that they are valid. This prevents you being held liable for any accidents that happen. Plus, it protects you should there be an issue with your roof in the future.
- Go for local. Choosing a roofing professional that is local is beneficial for a number of different reasons. First, it makes it easier to contact them should there be a problem in the future. While a 5-year warranty on their work is great, it doesn’t do you any good if you can’t track them down at the end of that time. Make sure that the business you choose has built up a good reputation in the community before you hire them.
- Don’t ever hire based on price. While you do want to get a good deal on the services you need, price should never be your determining factor. Cheap bids drive down the market. In the long run, you get what you pay for. Hire your contractor based on the quality of work that they do. Then you won’t be paying an arm and a leg to fix their shoddy work in the future.
- Avoid door-to-door servicemen. While it might seem convenient to hire that serviceman that came to your door because he was “just in the neighborhood,” steer clear. There is no way to verify the quality of work performed by these storm chasers. Instead, do your research and find a roofing company with a solid history and background.
- Get everything in writing. To protect both you and the roofing company, make sure that all aspects of the job are well understood. Write down the details and make sure that you don’t hand over the funds for the work until you’ve inspected everything. By setting a clear expectation, it’s easier to avoid frustrations.
Don’t trust your roof to just anyone. By following these 5 tips, it’s easier than ever to sift through the roofing companies in Buckhead to find the right one to work on your home.