Before you hire a roofer to work on a roof repair or a replacement for your home, you’ll want to make sure to ask them some important questions. These questions can help you understand exactly what’s being done and if the person you’re speaking to is qualified to get the job finished.
What to Ask Regarding Roofing Quotes?
Pricing is one of those topics that is probably at the forefront of your decision-making process. This can vary depending on the exact work that needs to be done so it is always a good idea to compare quotes from local professionals and get all the information in writing. When it comes to estimates, here are questions you can ask that will help you get an accurate determination of pricing.
- What parts of the home and roof will you need to inspect in order to provide me an accurate quote?
- How do material options affect the cost and play into installation costs?
- Do you charge extra for roof removal?
- How is payment handled and are payment plans available?
- Could you give me a detailed breakdown of the expenses I can expect?
What to Ask About the Roofing Company?
Beyond the cost of the roofing project, you also want to ask questions about the roofing company itself. Getting information on the company’s background and credentials can give you a good understanding of whether or not they are the team for the job.
- Do you hold the necessary licenses required as a roofing contractor?
- Are you able to provide me with references for your work?
- Do you and your manufacturers have warranties for the material and the work?
- Does your company carry insurance?
- What type of training and experience does the team working on my roof have and what do you do to protect them while on the job?
What to Ask About the Roofing Work?
Finally, getting a clear picture of how they would run the project will also give you insight on how this can fit into your day-to-day and whether it’s something that will be completed quickly, safely, and with quality workmanship.
- How long will this roofing project take and how will you adjust in cases of inclement weather or other unforeseeable problems?
- When would you be able to schedule this project on to your calendar?
- How will you access the roof?
- Will you remove any of the materials offsite after a project?
- How will you protect my property and my family during this project?
- Do you hire subcontractors to complete the work and if so, who would be my point of contact?
- Who would I reach out to with any questions for updates?
If your Dunwoody, Georgia home needs a roof replacement, do not hesitate to call Superior Roofing Company of Georgia at 770-279-2621. You can also send us a message using our online form. We offer service from Lilburn to Alpharetta, Georgia.